[This article was taken from NJTW News, an NJTechWeekly.com newsletter. Sign up for it here.]
1,000 More New Jersey Tech Sector Jobs
- Tata Consultancy Services (Edison) announced plans to expand its operations in New Jersey by hiring nearly 1,000 additional employees by the end of 2023.
- The company already employs more than 3,700 in the state who provide IT and consulting services, harnessing technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, cloud computing, and enterprise software.
- TCS says that it will “nurture a pipeline of local IT talent for the state” by growing the reach of its STEM and computer-science education programs in New Jersey by 25 percent.
- The company’s business center in Edison serves more than 100 customers in New Jersey, the company stated.
Jessica Gonzalez Sells InCharged And Vendx
- Jessica Gonzalez, a New Jersey entrepreneur known for her inventive approach to creating tech hardware, has sold her two Newark-based companies, InCharged and Vendx, to IBrands Global (New York) for an undisclosed amount.
- Ibrands Global is a brand collective that operates in several verticals.
- InCharged and Vendx will be folded into a new company, BluLabs (Newark), which will act as the innovation arm of Ibrands Global.
- Gonzalez has been named Chief Innovation Officer of both BluLabs and Ibrands Global.
- “The IBrands platform with its existing distribution gives me the opportunity to bring my most creative ideas to life with the full support of an execution-focused team, so my creations will reach the masses,” Gonzalez said in a press release.
Exploring The Metaverse
- A number of metaverse experts talked about their experiences at the Princeton Blockchain meetup last week.
- Bobbi Muscara, one of the organizers, started things off by summarizing the history of the metaverse for beginners.
- She described the metaverse as a collection of virtual worlds where non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and cryptocurrencies are the lifeblood of the ecosystem.
- Part of the discussion addressed the economy of “real-estate” in various metaverses.
- During the event, a speaker discussed diversity in the blockchain world.
- “Many of us have felt a little lost and saw a need for diversity and inclusion in the blockchain world,” she said.
- Thus, the Diversity in Blockchain (New York) organization was born.
- Its mission is “to empower everyone from all walks of life to engage with blockchain technology in order to ensure equal participation and distribution. True innovation includes everyone.”
From Influencer To Product Sales
- James Barrood interviewed Mark Fleming, cofounder and CEO of Creator Nova (San Francisco) and Sonia Domingues, founder and CEO of New Jersey-based Signet Beauty in an Innovation+ Entrepreneur Chat this week.
- Fleming discussed his company which targets influencers, and content marketers in the entrepreneurs beauty industry who want to develop and market a product.
- He said that these individuals have a large number of hurdles to overcome.
- Creator Nova was founded to remove the friction from the process, helping them to find a formulator, manufacturer, and designer as well as people to handle packaging and marketing of the products.
- Domingues was the first to sign up with Creator Nova, as she had helped Fleming develop the startup’s strategy.
- Signet Beauty used Creator Nova’s expertise to launch a product that makes nail art something that can be done at home.
Sharing is caring!