SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 9, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The global microcontroller market size is expected to reach USD 41.6 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 9.8% from 2022 to 2030. Globally, more than 27 billion units of microcontrollers were shipped in 2021. The market growth is attributed to the increasing focus on automation and artificial intelligence across various verticals such as automotive and industrial. Increasing demand for embedded control systems in multifunctional devices such as vehicles, robots, medical devices, mobile radio, and residential appliances is also playing a principal role in the growth of the market.
Key Insights & Findings from the report:
- The 32-bit microcontroller is anticipated to emerge as the fastest-growing product segment over the forecast period owing to its ability to offer high computational power. Technological developments in the production of semi-autonomous and fully autonomous driving systems also require 32-bit microcontrollers, thus driving the product segment
- The consumer electronics and telecom application segment dominated the global market in 2021. The development of microcontrollers integrated with the Near-Field Communication (NFC), Bluetooth, and ZigBee, among other wireless interfaces is expected to positively impact the global market. The favorable regulatory scenario for the installation of smart grid systems is expected to boost microcontrollers’ demand over the forecast period
- Asia Pacific dominated the market in 2021. It is anticipating to witness a significant demand, particularly in India and China, because of the availability of high-end luxury as well as economy vehicles. The labor increasing cost in China would result in the increasing automation of industrial processes, which is likely to propel the market demand over the projected period
- Factors such as the Brexit and US-China trade war have led to declining market conditions. New American tariffs on Chinese goods and a slowdown in the Chinese economy are the major factors affecting the steady growth of the market
Read 120 page market research report, “Microcontroller Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit), By Application (Consumer Electronics & Telecom, Industrial, Automotive), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2022 – 2030”, published by Grand View Research.
However, the market has witnessed a downfall in revenue owing to the adverse effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. The leading companies such as Infineon Technologies AG, NXP Semiconductors, Texas Instruments Incorporated, and STMicroelectronics have witnessed a significant fall in revenues in the first two quarters of 2020. However, as the lockdown restrictions are gradually getting lifted, manufacturing facilities across the globe are reopening with a limited workforce. Further, as the automotive and industrial factories worldwide are reopening, the demand for microcontrollers is expected to grow steadily from 2022 to 2030.
The rising need for agility and flexibility in the industrial ecosystem due to the reducing product lifecycles is expected to spur growth further. The consumer electronics segment has witnessed significant growth owing to innovative technological developments such as wireless sensing and connectivity, automation, along with the emergence of IoT ecosystems in homes. Furthermore, many players in the market are developing microcontrollers with state-of-the-art architecture to make them compatible with the devices that are having such technologies. Miniaturization of microcontrollers and the delivery of high performance with extremely low power usage are some of the key advantages that are offered by some of the new microcontroller units in the market.
The increased demand for devices supporting Ethernet and the Internet of Things (IoT) is also expected to favorably impact the demand for microcontrollers over the forecast period. The demand for microcontroller chips integrated with wireless interfaces, such as ZigBee, microcontrollers, and Bluetooth, has witnessed a remarkable rise. Furthermore, the rising need for wireless sensor-based networks for the controlling and monitoring of systems has enhanced the interest of companies in implementing a combination of low-cost systems. Increasing focus on the implementation of energy-efficient solutions for both the discrete and process industries is anticipated to propel sustainable manufacturing in industrial automation for a more efficient process. Flexible production and asset management would also influence factory integration, offering high potential for automation and customized solutions among industrial applications.
Grand View Research has segmented the global microcontroller market on the basis of product, application, and region:
- Microcontroller Product Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Microcontroller Application Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Consumer Electronics & Telecom
- Medical Devices
- Aerospace & Defense
- Microcontroller Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
List of Key Players of Microcontroller Market
- Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
- Fujitsu Semiconductor Limited
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- NXP Semiconductors
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- TE Connectivity Ltd.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
- Yamaichi Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Zilog, Inc.
Check out more studies related to microcontrollers, published by Grand View Research:
- Microcontroller Socket Market – The global microcontroller socket market size is expected to reach USD 1.46 billion by 2024. The increasing microcontroller application in the communication, automobile, and industrial sectors has boosted the growth of the package market over the forecast period.
- IoT Microcontroller Market – The rise of the internet of things era has instigated an incessant demand for innovative products, which has placed pressure on systems designers to deliver breakthrough solutions consistently. Microcontroller miniaturization provides a platform for system designers that primarily include use-cases for new emerging applications. This growing web for connected devices encompasses smartphones, televisions, tablets, home appliances, gaming consoles, smart meters, security systems, and is anticipated to positively impact the IoT microcontroller demand.
Browse through Grand View Research’s coverage of the Global Electronic Devices Industry.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, a US-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Grand View Compass | Grand View Pipeline
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.